Wednesday, May 25, 2011

4 Months Down!

Justin and I have hit the 4 month mark, and poor Justin is running out of steam. He still has not had a day off in 4 months now, I don't know how many of us could actually work 12 hr days, 7 days a week in 10o + degree weather with 100% humidity??? He is a stronger person than me, I'm sure that I would have been shipped home already due to my complaining...lol....

Our savings account has really soared since Justin deployed and that was one of the main reasons he wanted to go, I appreciate all he does for our family but I don't know if all the money in the world is worth having your spouse gone for 6 months straight? Like I've said before, it's been a harder journey than I had anticipated, and the stress of having him in a war zone has really started to wear on me...I just pray every single day and I know that God is protecting him, but it's still very stressful!

Tristin and I continue to truck along as best we know, but we sure miss dad, we have been able to talk twice a day, and email of course so that has been our saving grace, but there sure isn't anything to replace a persons existence on a daily basis. It seems our routine is boring too....but there is only so much you can do in Pendleton....

This weekend Tristin and I are going camping with family, so that will be fun. Give us something to look forward to and pass the time. I'm excited to see some family members that I haven't seen in several months, and of course my 2 most favorite little people, it's going to be fun, whether it rains or not...most likely will be raining but I'm going to try and make the most of it!

2 more months, I Think I can, I KNOW I can!



No comments: