Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gods Little Reminders!

photo


For those who know my mom you know she has decorated her kitchen with chicken stuff for many years. Well she also has this almost exact door knocker that is a rooster on her front porch in Pendleton. But this is not her door knocker, its mine. The strange thing about this is that it was left on the porch of our new house in NC, coincidence? I don't think so. I hadn't really thought much about it at the time we moved in, but did say to Justin "look a door knocker like moms" and then went about my business. Then I had posted a picture on FB one day and my mom commented "you have a chicken door knocker like mine!" and then the comment next was from my aunt who put a whole new light on it. She stated something like this, "isn't it funny how God works, he placed an almost exact door knocker on your porch like your mama's to let you know that you are okay and to make you feel a little like home, what a special thing God did for you!" That comment stopped me in my tracks and made me realize that's exactly what God had done to help me feel at home in my new surroundings and that His hand has played a huge part in making our move smoothly. Isn't it amazing what little things God does for us to make us feel better and to remind us that he is working in our lives every single day. So now when I step onto my porch I think of my mom, and it really does feel a little like home.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Love it Cristy... there are no accidents with God!